There are many benefits to being a member of GCAMA.
- Placement on our website. Each member business will be listed on our website with
a small business bio and photograph. Each week we will highlight a few of our members and those members will be given the oppor- tunity to post information regarding spe- cial sales or general information, Members business will also be posted in the directory. Those members that become sponsors will have their sponsor designation posed on the website as well. We will also be showcasing merchants weekly on our Facebook page.
- Opportunity to promote your business in our Mountain Welcome Baskets. As buyers purchase homes on the Plateau, they receive a Welcome Letter from GCAMA introduc- ing our organization and welcoming them to our community. If the buyer brings the Welcome Letter to our office, they may redeem it for a Welcome Basket that we fill with coupons, flyers, promotional items and general information all supplied to us by our merchant members. This is a unique oppor- tunity to reach new customers in our area. We reach out with these Welcome Letters to Cashiers, Highlands, Sapphire, Glenville, Cullowhee and Lake Toxaway.
- As a member of GCAMA your business will receive a free listing in our membership directory that is included in our Happenings Guide that we produce and distribute to all of our merchants, restaurants and lodging establishments as well as hand out at all of our events. Members also have the opportu- nity to advertise their business in this guide by purchasing ad space or becoming a spon- sor and receiving a complimentary ad. (Size depends on Sponsorship Level)
- Merchant Market Days will return in 2015 and is available for any GCAMA Merchants to participate in. The first Saturday of every month during Season is designated Merchant Market Days. Merchants can offer special sales, new ar- rivals, coupons, etc. GCAMA will post this event every week on our website and will acknowledge all Merchants that are participating and what these Merchants will be offering on these days. It is recommended to serve refreshments and offer incentives for buyers to visit your business.
- GCAMA offers a Calendar of Events on our website. Our calendar has become a huge feature of our website. We have partnered with many local organizations to provide a compre- hensive event calendar for people to rely on when wanting to know what is going on in and around town. As a GCAMA member you can post any event on our calendar at no charge.
- GCAMA has launched an Electronic Newsletter to keep our membership up to date with what is going on in our organization and in the community. We invite our members to use this tool to list job opportunities, new business launches, special sales and events.
- Participate in our 2015 7th Annual Leaf Festival. Members can participate at a discounted rate that is not offered to non-members.