KEEP IT IN TOWN | 10 REASONS TO SUPPORT LOCALLY OWNED BUSINESSES
(1) Keeps our Community Strong. In a study from a Chicago based Economics firm, it was revealed that…..
a. Every $100 spent at a locally owned, independent merchant creates a $68 return to the community through taxes, payroll and other expenditures.
b. The same number drops to $43 per $100 for purchases at retail franchises.
c. The number drops to $0 per $100 for on-line purchases
(2) When you purchase goods at locally owned businesses rather than nationally owned or web based retailers, more money is kept in the community because locally owned businesses recycle a much larger share of their revenue back into the local economy enriching the whole community
(3) Small businesses create jobs for residents
(4) Keeps our community unique as small businesses are the integral part of the distinctive character of our community
(5) Small businesses support Community Groups
(6) Small businesses are invested in the community and its future
(7) Entrepreneurship fuels America’s economic innovation and prosperity
(8) Local Businesses tend to value you more as you receive better customer care and service
(9) “This is your Home” and your way of life depends on the support of your independent, locally owned businesses
(10) Together we can strengthen relationships that improve our quality of life.